Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Traditions


We spent our weekend decorating for Christmas. This is our new pre-lit tree. I love real trees, but you can't put them up this early and expect them to survive until the day after New Year's Day when I usually take it down. Less mess this way, too. Still, you can't beat the smell of a real, fresh tree. This little angel ornament hung on my grandparents' trees for many years. It was our yearly tradition to decorate their tree on Christmas Eve. We each had our own ceramic ornament that my Mother painted for us. Now that my grandparents are gone, this little angel makes her home on my own tree, along with the ornaments my children hang up beside her. I love Christmas. I love traditions. I love special memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tree Stacey! I love trees that are picture perfect but I especially love the kid decorated trees. They always have an extra special warmth and coziness to them. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!